The Commission advises and assists City Council with respect to all matters pertaining to community planning and development. The Commission has the duties and powers as set forth in The Planning and Development Act, 2007 and The Committee Bylaw, No. 2009-40.
Terms of Reference:
• advise and make recommendations to Council regarding City Planning & Development policies, programs and services;
• review all discretionary use requests;
• make recommendations to Council regarding the preservation, interpretation, development and designation of heritage properties and heritage districts;
• consider and make recommendations to Council regarding rail relocation matters;
• review and make recommendations to Council regarding items emanating from the Committees that report to the Regina Planning Commission;
• consider and make recommendations to Council for those items emanating from Developmental Engineering related to long term planning items such as transportation planning; and
• consider and make recommendations to Council on all consulting contracts over $500,000 related to the mandate of the Regina Planning Commission.
Pursuant to section 100 of The Cities Act, the Regina Planning Commission is delegated the authority from Council to interpret and approve the policy and guidelines for names of streets, city facilities and parks.
Meeting Frequency: Wednesday, Monthly
Term Limit: 3 year Terms, unlimited number of Terms.
Positions: 10 in total. 10 occupied. No vacancies. 1 becoming vacant.