AT REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN, Wednesday, October 9, 2019
AT A MEETING OF Regina Planning Commission
HELD IN Public Session
AT 4:00 PM
These are considered a draft rendering of the official minutes. Official minutes can be obtained through the Office of the City Clerk once approved.
Councillor Barbara Young, in the Chair
Councillor Jerry Flegel
Councillor Bob Hawkins
Adrienne Hagen Lyster
Also in Attendance:
Council Officer, Elaine Gohlke
Legal Counsel, Paul Wagner
Executive Director, City Planning & Community Development, Diana Hawryluk
Manager, Development Engineering, Dustin McCall
Manager, West Planning, Yves Richard
Approval of Public Agenda
Adrienne Hagen Lyster moved, AND IT WAS RESOLVED, that the agenda for this meeting be approved, as submitted, and that the delegations be heard in the order they are called forward by the Chairperson.
Adoption of Minutes
Celeste York moved, AND IT WAS RESOLVED, that the minutes for the meeting held on September 11, 2019 be adopted, as circulated.
RPC19-33 Discretionary Use Application (19-DU-09) Proposed Addition to Existing Child Day Care Centre in Contract Zone, 4401 Dewdney Avenue
1. That the City Solicitor be directed to prepare the necessary bylaws to discharge the existing contract zone agreement (Bylaw No. 2011-17) in Regina Zoning Bylaw No. 9250 for 4401 Dewdney Avenue, being Lots 7 and 8, Block 1, Plan No. I5211, CPR Annex subdivision.
2. That the discretionary use application for a proposed addition to an existing Child Day Care Centre located at 4401 Dewdney Avenue, being Lots 7 and 8, Block 1, Plan No. I5211, CPR Annex subdivision, be approved, and that a Development Permit be issued subject to the following conditions:
a) The development shall be consistent with the plans attached to this report as Appendix A-3.1, prepared by Gilchuk Design & Drafting and dated July 4, 2019; and
b) The development shall comply with all applicable standards and regulations in Regina Zoning Bylaw No. 9250.
3. That this report be forwarded to the October 28, 2019 meeting of City Council for approval.
Ann Perry, representing the Circle Project, addressed the Commission.
Adrienne Hagen Lyster moved, AND IT WAS RESOLVED, that the recommendation contained in the report be concurred in.
RPC19-34 Application for Contract Zoning (19-CZ-06) Proposed Religious Institution - 2 Sheppard Street
1. That the application to amend Regina Zoning Bylaw No. 9250 to rezone 2 Sheppard Street, being Lot 23-Blk/Par 25-Plan No. 62R19206 Ext 0 from R1-Residential Detached Zone to C – Contract be approved and that the contract zone agreement between the City of Regina and the applicant/owner of the subject properties be executed.
2. That further to recommendation 1, the proposed contract zone agreement shall include the following terms:
a. The development shall generally conform to the attached plans labelled Appendix A-3, prepared by P3A Architecture, and dated May 30, 2019;
b. The development shall accommodate a maximum of 25 persons at one time;
c. Any zoning related detail not specifically addressed in the contract zone agreement shall be subject to applicable provisions of the Zoning Bylaw;
d. The agreement shall be registered in the City’s interest at the applicant’s cost pursuant to Section 69 of The Planning and Development Act, 2007;
3. That the City Solicitor be directed to prepare the necessary bylaws to authorize the respective to Regina Zoning Bylaw No. 9250 amendment.
4. That this report be forwarded to the October 28, 2019 meeting of City Council for approval, which will allow sufficient time for advertising of the required public notices for the respective bylaws.
Waqar Ahsan addressed the Commission.
Steve Tunison moved, AND IT WAS RESOLVED, that the recommendation contained in the report be concurred in.
Adrienne Hagen Lyster moved, AND IT WAS RESOLVED, that the meeting adjourn.
The meeting adjourned at 4:20 p.m.