Regina Downtown Business Improvement District Board
The Board encourages the development of a vibrant and prosperous downtown by improving the appearance and image of the district, promoting and marketing the district, and undertaking various initiatives and projects that facilitate the ongoing rejuvenation and redevelopment of the area.
Note: Positions will be filled by citizens who are electors of the city or are employed in the district.
Applicants should have experience in improving the district’s appearance and image, promoting and marketing the redevelopment of the district. Maintaining publicly-owned lands, buildings and structures in the district. Conducting any studies or preparing any designs that may help to achieve the purposes of a downtown revitalization project.
Terms of Reference:
• improving the District’s appearance and image, promoting and marketing the District, and undertaking initiatives and projects that facilitate the ongoing enhancement and redevelopment of the District
• improving, beautifying and maintaining publicly-owned lands, buildings and structures in the District, in addition to any improvement, beautification or maintenance that is provided at the expenses of the City
• acquiring, by purchase, lease or otherwise, any land and buildings in the District necessary for its purposes and improve, beautify, maintain or dispose of that land and buildings
• maintaining and improving any land in the District for use as parking, which land may subsequently be disposed of by sale, lease, exchange or otherwise for public or private redevelopment for commercial purposes at a price not less than its fair market value
• conducting any studies or preparing any designs that may help to achieve this purpose
• contributing monies to the City for the purposes of a downtown revitalization project
• nominates a member to the Mayor’s Task Force on Regina’s Future for appointment by City Council
Meeting Frequency: Various, Monthly
Term Limit: 3 year Terms, unlimited number of Terms.