The Board, established by The Police Act, 1990 is responsible for the delivery of policing services within the Municipality; and for providing general direction, policy and priorities and long-term plans for the Regina Police Service.
At least one member of the Board must be of Indigenous (First Nation or Metis) ancestry.
Terms of Reference:
• responsible for the delivery of policing services within the municipality; and for providing;
• general direction, policy and priorities; and developing long-term plans for the police service;
• responsible for appointment of Chief of Police;
• meet with Council or the Executive Committee of Council at least once each year to discuss annual budgetary preparation and other matters deemed necessary for provision of policing services;
• submission of Board estimates to Council for approval on or before December 31 annually; and
• approval of any individual expenditures of monies over $200,000 for any matter or purpose included in the Police Budget, provided that the expenditure will not exceed the total Budget approved by Council.
Meeting Frequency: Wednesday, Monthly
Term Limit: 1 year Terms, unlimited number of Terms.