The Regina Appeal Board hears appeals of orders made respecting community standards and property maintenance. It also reviews the refusal or revocation of licenses respecting taxis, vehicles for hire and body rub establishments.
Terms of Reference:
• hear appeals of orders made pursuant to section 328 of the Act in accordance with section 329 of the Act, unless another appeal body is specifically prescribed by bylaw;
• hear appeals of orders made pursuant to Bylaw 2008-48 - The Regina Property Maintenance Bylaw in accordance with that bylaw and section 329 of the Act (including orders to remedy property nuisances and orders to enforce property standards); and
• review the refusal, suspension or revocation of licenses pursuant to Bylaw No. 2006-86 - The Licensing Bylaw, after providing the applicant or licensee with an opportunity to be heard.
• the Board may confirm, modify or repeal the order appealed from; or substitute its own order or decision for the order being appealed from;
• where the Board reviews the refusal, suspension or revocation of a license pursuant to Bylaw No. 2006-86 - The Licensing Bylaw, the Board may issue, reinstate, refuse, suspend or revoke the license in accordance with the provisions of the Bylaw;
• may establish its own procedures.
Preferred candidates will have experience in building construction or engineering; hearing appeals; or in meetings that involve an adjudication process. The ability to assess information, understand and apply bylaws and policies and make objective decisions is critical.
Meeting Frequency: Thursday, Monthly
Term Limit: 3 year Terms, unlimited number of Terms.