• consider and make recommendations to Council relative to finance, residential and industrial land sales, property acquisition and dispositions, city-owned and development of land, assessment, purchasing and information systems, and the City’s various pension and disability plans, except as provided for in The Regina Administration Bylaw;
• consider and make recommendations to Council on those items emanating from the Corporate Services Division unless those items fall specifically within the mandate of another main Committee;
• oversee the systems and processes around preparation of the financial statements; risk management and internal controls; compliance and ethics; and oversight of management and internal and external audit;
• review and make recommendations to Council regarding items emanating from the Committees that report to the Finance and Administration Committee;
• consider and make recommendations to Council on all consulting contracts over $500,000 related to the mandate of the Finance and Administration Committee;
• consider and make recommendations on all personnel and remuneration matters, except as delegated by The City Manager’s Bylaw;
• review and make recommendations on Councillor allowances, reimbursement for expenses for travel and communication and support service policies;
• consider proposals or suggestions from any of the members of Council regarding these policies and procedures, expenditures from the Council budget, or any other matter involving the members of Council;
• consider other issues involving members of Council which may be referred by Council; and
• consider and make recommendations to City Council on taxation matters and tax exemptions.
Pursuant to section 100 of The Cities Act, the Finance and Administration Committee is delegated the authority from Council to do the following:
• approve of all matters of a personnel and remuneration nature, except those specifically assigned to the Executive Committee or as delegated by Bylaw No. 2003-70, being The City Manager’s Bylaw;
• approve of grants to the Regina Regional Opportunities Commission in accordance with Council policy within a global sum approved each year by Council;
• engage professional advisors;
• approve of grants for economic purposes, in accordance with Council policy within a global sum approved each year by Council;
• approve of expenditures subject to the annual approval of the City Council budget;
• review, interpret and modify the application of the Council Support Policy;
• review, interpret and modify the application of the Elected Official Travel Policy;
• appoint one of its members to the Civic Employees’ Long Term Disability Plan Administrative Board; the Civic Employees’ Superannuation and Benefit Plan Administrative Board.
Meeting Frequency: First Tuesday of month
Term Limit: 1 year Terms, unlimited number of Terms.